Some Samples Fail on Macbook Pro (OS X 10.5) with P3D1.5.2

I just successfully installed and built Panda3d 1.5.2 on OS X 10.5.2. Now I’m trying to look at some of the samples. Most worked after I set the default model path and model file extension in my Config.prc, but some of the more complex ones (the basic Cartoon Shader and Fireflies, for instance) load but fail to render with an error in the window like “Toon Shader: Video Driver does not support multiple render targets.”

I added a couple of more specific ifs to see which of the two tests (self.modelBuffer == none) or (self.lightBuffer ==none) were failing, and it seems that self.modelBuffer, at least, is not being created in the assignment statement above. I don’t know enough about Panda yet to diagnose that immediately, but it doesn’t seem like this should be a hardware problem considering my machine has a geForce 8600 under the hood.

I intend on looking at the docs to try to figure out why this doesn’t work, but if anyone has any thoughts or has troubleshot this before, I’d be glad to have the advice.

Try to pass only BFRefuseWindow flag to the constructor.