[SOLVED]runtime : failed to map segment from shared object

Hi all.
I’ve compiled the runtime using makepanda on ubuntu trusty ( python makepanda/makepanda.py --everything --distributor=ubuntu-trusty --runtime --verbose --installer ) , it installs correctly but when running it, it failed and returns :

:downloader: [0x9604648] begin GET [ runtime.panda3d.org/contents.xml?1411317906 ]
:downloader: [0x96045b8] begin GET [ runtime.panda3d.org/coreapi/linu … _plugin.so ]
Couldn’t load /home/zozi/.panda3d/coreapi/linux_i386/p3d_plugin.so: /home/zozi/.panda3d/coreapi/linux_i386/p3d_plugin.so: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted
Unable to launch core API in /home/zozi/.panda3d/coreapi/linux_i386/p3d_plugin.so
Unable to load Panda3D plugin.

Running it as root ( sudo panda3d my.p3d ) works correctly .
/usr/lib/nppanda3d.so is 0775, and symlinks are ok .
I’ve saw some “noexec” mounting issue but it looks it’s not that …

Maybe i miss something ?
Thanks for your attention

Hmm, odd, must be some security feature that prevents running executables. Can you show the output of the “mount” command?

Note that the “distributor” should be set to an identifier string of provides the runtime distribution packages for download. In the case of runtime.panda3d.org, this would be “cmu”, and should be set to that value.

Also, are you running 64-bit or 32-bit version of Ubuntu?

root@zbox:~# mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
none on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw)
none on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,size=10%,mode=0755)
none on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=5242880)
none on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
none on /run/user type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,size=104857600,mode=0755)
none on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw)
/dev/sdc1 on /home type ext4 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
/dev/sdb1 on /media/zozi/Datas type ext4 (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
systemd on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,none,name=systemd)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1000/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=zozi)

i’m running a 32bits ubuntu , i’ve tried using –distributor=cmu but nothing changed.
I’ve copied all panda dir into /tmp, so i run commands from /tmp/panda3d/

Your home directory is mounted with the noexec flag. This is presumably a mistake? It means you can’t run anything or load any plug-in that is in your home directory. This is especially a problem for Panda3D, which runs out of the ~/.panda3d directory.

You’re right, thanks a lot