[SOLVED]RGBA pngs and setTransparency() - model is invisible

Complete code would be an overkill.

You’re describing some basic systems malfunctioning. You appear to be using the systems correctly, from what you have told us.

This either means (a) you have found some fundamental problem with Panda that no one else has found yet, or (b) you are using some other part of the system incorrectly and you haven’t told us about this part yet.

We can wait for you to tell us each individual thing you are doing, one at a time, until we say “ah-ha!”, but that will take forever at this rate. Or you can show us a simple program that demonstrates the problem. With a simple program, we can either point to the thing you are doing wrong, or we can reproduce the bug here and solve it.

It’s a very common thing to request a simple program to reproduce a reported problem. It’s the easiest way to communicate precisely what you’re doing and precisely what’s not working as expected. Why are you resistant to that?

Note that I don’t want to see your big program. I just want a simple, one-page program that demonstrates the problem in question.

David

Simply put im not allowed to. However I could pm you an example png.

I know this sounds like wanting an answer without giving enough info…

Also I can’t believe I didnt notice this, but it is visible and correct transparent parts when lightning is disabled!
I had an ambient light and directional light set up exactly as in the manual page.

Sounds like you have a Material in effect with a zero alpha value.

David

Yes!
I simply interpret the material info wrongly :slight_smile:
Thanks.