[SOLVED] change center position of camera?

If you have a model selection screen with the same 3rd person camera as in the game then to me it is impractical to use different FOV or orthographic lenses to fix this issue and have another FOV ingame.

I dont really need to try it. That was what I asked if I could do in the 1st place.

I have tried it out the solution with using different FOVs, and I said that I dont like it. So I dont think there is a need to repeat those solutions to me telling that some games use different FOV for different elements, which is a different thing anyway, so maybe I’m not being “obstinate” and you simply didnt understand what I meant?

It is obvious that you want to help when you reply to these threads, and I’m thankful for that, its just that I think I have been clear enough and dont want to repeat myself.

Btw, base.camLens.setOffset(x, y) doesnt seam to exist. Does it?

It is “setFilmOffset”. I think you will find the result amusing. :slight_smile:

Thanks.
“amusing”? Why? It seams to move the center of the lense. By playing around with the x,y values I think I got rid of the distortion completely.

Anything on the other side of the screen will be even more distorted than before. I thought you had said you were using this same camera as your in-game camera?

Of course, but thats expected. Seen that done before. The model itself wont be anymore. (There isnt anything on the other side though, just GUI elements and distant environment.)

I meant my 3rd person camera system (tasks and input).
It is a matter of changing the film offset in the car selection screen and change it back to 0,0 when exiting that screen.

Well if it works, it works. Sorry to push my ideas so aggressively!

No problem.
Thanks for posting.