Smothier movement and small bug on Bullet.

Small bug:
I found that on the Linux version of Panda3d you can still use the attach method instead of attach (for instance, attachCharacter) in the bullet world.

EDIT: Solved, didn’t edit the title so someone may still find about the bug.
The problem was the camera update, I set the camera task and the moving task to priority 1 and now it is all working perfectly.

Question:
I using the following task to move my character:

def calculateMovement(self):

if (self.updateForce == False):
			return

force = Vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
		if (self.jumpStarted == True):
			if (self.__validateCounterPositions() == True and self.movementStatesSet > 0):
				self.__setMovementForce(force)
				force = render.getRelativeVector(self.playerNP, force)
				self.playerNode.setLinearMovement(force, True)

self.jumpStarted = False
			self.playerNode.doJump()

if (self.movementStatesDict[MovingCodes.jumping] == True):
			if (self.playerNode.isOnGround() == True):
				self.movementStatesDict[MovingCodes.jumping] = False
			else:
				return

if (self.__validateCounterPositions() == True and self.movementStatesSet > 0):
			self.__setMovementForce(force)

force = render.getRelativeVector(self.playerNP, force)
		self.playerNode.setLinearMovement(force, True)

self.updateForce = False

This is called in a task and the movement is correct. It works in a wow like way: you move with WASD, you rotate the character with the mouse, and you can jump (but you can’t move mid air).

The problem is that when you move in a direction, such as left, the movement is terribly interpolated and gives the impression that the character is being teleported from one point to another really fast. Is there any way that I can make it smoothier?

Should I try to use intervals instead? I wouldn’t really like it because they won’t give me as much controll as I would like, also, I am pretty sure I read in the manual I can move a node with physics using intervals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The attach methods are deprecated and visibility will be reduced in one of the next releases: panda3d.org/reference/devel/ … tWorld.php

On my linux (32 bits) version I am using a dev panda 3d (due to bugs with the librocket on the 1.8), the attach method works just fine - as well as the attach character.
On Windows (64 bits) version I am using the 1.8 version and attach doesn’t work (says that the method doesn’t exist).