shadowmapping and textures with alpha

The shadowmapping shader that comes with the SDK supports animated models, also supports textures with alpha?

thx

do you mean transluscense or just a binay “transparent” or “not transparent”?

Yes, it supports animated models. Depending on the transparency mode of the objects, also transparent objects (as in: pixels with transparency 0 won’t be written to the depth buffer).
Or do you mean semi-transparent objects cast semi-transparent shadows? No, but it’s not hard to add that, I think.

thx

Depending on the transparency mode of the objects, also transparent objects (as in: pixels with transparency 0 won't be written to the depth buffer). 

I tried a transparent leaf in the shadowmapping demo and shadow is drawn rectangular, it may be because of the specular gloss?

When i use a texture for opacity, it must be only black and white?. What about the gray pixels?, are drawn or not on the depth buffer?

Can the specular component of the transparent object alter its transparency and its shadow? (The object returned specular gloss even in transparent areas)

thanks for responses so clear

Try setting the leaf’s transparency mode to MDual instead of MAlpha, that will make sure the completely transparent pixels aren’t drawn into the depth buffer at all, while still preserving the semitransparent pixels. You can also try MBinary to threshold the alpha into either 0 or 1.

I don’t think the specular component can affect transparency or shadows.

This page can be useful too:
panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Trans … d_Blending