shader problem (possible video card problem?)

Receiving this error code when running the Shadow mapping Basic tutorial:

:gobj(error): Shader encountered an error.
:gobj(error): created-shader: Invalid type for a k-parameter (uniform in unknown k_slighttex0)

Receiving this error code when running Custom program with custom textures using the commands slight.setShadowCaster(True)
render.setShaderAuto():

:gobj(error): Shader encountered an error.
:gobj(error): created-shader: Invalid type for a k-parameter (uniform in unknown k_slighttex1)

Tried with different versions of Panda3D. (1.6.latest, 1.7.0, 1.7.1)

My concern is that it is a problem with my video card, which is a (NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT )

IF I remove the custom textures, I get shaded objects, but no shadows being cast from one to the other.

Ive tried this code on three machines:
(1) my laptop - no dedicated video card, just onboard gpu processing DID NOT WORK

(2) my desktop - NVIDIA GeForce 9500GT DID NOT WORK

(3) my friends laptop - Dedicated card, cant remember what type DOES WORK

Logically, it comes down to my video card ability. However, this card can handle games (Crysis, TES) just fine, so I’m confused (read: ignorant) on how this would not work with a simple shader in Panda3D.

I want to make sure I buy a card with the right abilities/processing/power/whatever the deciding factor is.

Is there a list of compatible video cards?

The video card should be fine. But do you have the latest video card drivers from nvidia installed?

yes its updated.

Is there a minimum directX or OpenGL version needed?

Nope. The video card should be fine.

I think I know what the issue is, and it’ll be fixed in 1.7.2. The issue should only be occurring in 1.7.1 though. 1.7.0 should really work.

Thanks for the heads up. When will 1.7.2 be ready? Ill try out 1.6. now

thanks man. works fine in 1.7.0 (not 1.6.2)

edit: edited the version to 1.7.0