shader error

Hi,

I try to add shadows and to achieve this I do the following:

render.setShaderAuto()

directionalLight = DirectionalLight(‘directionalLight’)
directionalLight.setColor(VBase4(0.8, 0.8, 0.8, 1))
directionalLight.setShadowCaster(True, 512, 512)
directionalLight.getLens().setNearFar(50,400)
directionalLight.showFrustum();
directionalLightNP = render.attachNewNode(directionalLight)
directionalLightNP.setHpr(0, -60, 0)
render.setLight(directionalLightNP)

But there are no shadows to be seen and I get the following error:
:gobj(error): Shader encountered an error.
:gobj(error): created-shader: Invalid type for a k-parameter (uniform in unknown k_dlighttex0)

This is caused by the directionalLight.setShadowCaster(True, 512, 512) statement. (The error disappears when I leave this out).

I know this has been mentioned before in this forum and in these cases this was sometimes linked to the version of Panda. But I tested it with versions 1-7-0, 1-7-1 and 1-7-2, and in all cases the error was the same. I also tested if it was linked to something in my database and models. But it also occurs if I use, for example, models/environment.egg which is part of the panda distribution.

Could it be related to my graphics board ? I use an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT.

I believe this bug was fixed in 1.7.2. Are you certain that you tried it with 1.7.2 correctly?

yes. I am certain that I tried 1.7.2. I also tried the latest build #192 of panda 1.8 that was posted today. The error stays the same.

That doesn’t seem possible. This exact bug was fixed in 1.7.2. Do you perhaps have an old build of Panda3D installed on your system?

Which operating system and architecture are you using, for the record?

I completely uninstalled the versions 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 and reinstalled 1.7.2 and rebooted. And then the error was gone, so the problem is solved. Thank you very much for your help!