scripting a terrain

hello… i am pretty new to panda, but i have experience with scripting…
i am looking to make a game that has a terrain map…

i want the terrain map to be editable by a specific unit in the game…

i plan on having a 3d model of a bulldozer that is able to change the height of the terrain by driving over it…

like if there is a small hill…i would like to be able to flatten that part of the terrain by driving the bulldozer over it…

is there any way to have a programmed terrain that is easily changed like that?

Take a look at the terrain section in the manual:
panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Terrain
Both terrain systems can do what you want – you can retrieve the PNMImage of a terrain which you can deform, either directly or using PNMPainter.
panda3d.org/apiref.php?page=PNMImage
panda3d.org/apiref.php?page=PNMPainter

thanks, i took a look at the different links… i had some trouble getting them to work… i downloaded one of them, but was unable to get it working properly, when i opened up the command prompt to run the program, i couldnt get it to work… it kept saying image module not found or something like that…

im sure there is just some detail im not seeing…

Please describe the errors you are getting in detail so we can help you with them.

i tried getting the SNAPTOTHETERRAIN thing working, from the manual for panda3d…

im not sure what i have to do to get it to work…

i opened the command prompt and found the directory i kept to files
then tried to open the files by doing python Main.py or whatever
im not sure what i have to do to get it to work…

how do i make this work… can you just explain how i should do it from the beginning… i dont think it is so much an error in the script, as much as me just not knowing what to do, or how to compile it or whatever…

i notice there are several .py files…

im not sure which one i should run… or how to get them to work together…

probably you have to install PIL library in the python environment
it uses that image library
c

panda3d comes with its own PIL, should not be needed.