Screenshot thread

[size=150]And the winner of Screenshot of the Month Dec 2011 is coppertop with his “lightmaps with radiosity normal mapping” screenshot!
Congrads.[/size]

youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

Unfortunately only one image was submitted for Jan 2012, so no contest.
I guess it was because this wasn’t very rewarding (like Irrlicht screenshots get added to the homepage which is great advertisement).

Still, post your images in this thread if you want.

Can I ask why images aren’t added to the gallery anymore though?

Because nobody has emailed me screenshots that they would like to have included.

I won’t include every random screenshot that looks OK, I’d prefer if the screenshots are of work that is publicly accessible, and effort needs to be put into choosing the right camera angle for the screenshot, right FOV, proper texture filtering, antialiasing, etc.

Does anyone know that they should email you for an image to be added?

And why should they email you? Why not submit it here? Because that sounds like people are asking you to add their projects to the gallery and it isn’t so conventient.
I’ve never come across such way of doing this.

I did made a mistake though, I should have made a notice like in the irrlicht forum that “by submitting an image here you give the site owners the full right to repost them in the Panda3d gallery” or something.

What do you mean? You expect the projects to have their own homepage and always be open source? I haven’t heard of such requirements in other forums.

Are you saying you only want to add things which look good? Isn’t that kind of subjective? I don’t think you or me should judge that, the voters should.

I understand your concers, but thats why the old irrlicht website had a separate folder for these stuff named “random user projects”.

So… I win? lol :wink:

Well, I didn’t start a poll, so you didn’t get any votes, so…
No

Developpement screen from thebird

That’s beautiful.
…what is it?

Hey,
it’s a screen taken from thebird scene, when I was experimenting with camera. The “game” is coming soon…