Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: does it work for you?

Long story short: I noticed SSAO doesn’t work for me (with nVidia 8800 GTS and Vista 64). With rdb’s help I tried several options in order to see if it was some config problem, but it simply doesn’t work for me.

So here’s what I’d like you to do. If you haven’t tested SSAO already, try testing it with whatever you have at hand or by using this slightly modified FPS sample from treeform available here. If SSAO works then you should see a very dark area with white windowish blotches in the sample. The effect is completely overblown for testing purposes. If SSAO fails then you should just see the regular FPS sample.

Oh and when replying, please mention your GPU and OS.
[size=75]
—UPDATE 2010/10/02—
Issue fixed in newer builds.[/size]

Doesn’t seem to work for me on Win7, gf 9400gt…

It doesn’t work for me (Windows 7 64, GF 8600GT).

Works for me!

64-bit Arch Linux, nVidia Corporation Quadro NVS 135M, nvidia driver.

:gobj(error): /d/Panda3D/direct/filter/filter-ssao.sha: (40) : error C6013: Only arrays of texcoords may be indexed in this profile, and only with a loop index variable

The issue that ynjh_jo is seeing is already fixed in the latest CVS version of Panda3D, I believe.

This is pretty obvious, but I thought I’d also point out that SSAO works fine for me on Linux.

filter-ssao.sha is 9 months old. You fixed CommonFilters.py, not that .sha.

also want to report ssao working on linux , *buntu 64 and gforce8600gtm.

Oh, sorry. ynjh_jo, does it still occur with “basic-shaders-only #f”?

rdb, yes of course it fails.

Darn ATI not supporting advanced shader instructions again.

As for the original problem in this thread: I’ve checked in a workaround to CVS. The latest buildbot release of Panda3D should resolve the issue.

Works with Octoper 2 build. Though its very slow and ugly looking. You should probably tweak the settings