Scene texture/material information

Hi,

I am trying to develop a maze game. My requirements is that I need the description or information of the material/texture of the obstacles. Is there a specific way to extact this information from .egg file.

Regards,
Thimmaiah

You can either read the egg file directly via the EggData structure and its related interfaces (and walk through the egg hierarchy to find the particular EggGroupNodes that correspond to the obstacles you are seeking), or you can load the egg file as a Panda model (via loader.loadModel() or some equivalent), and use the Panda operations like NodePath.find() and/or findTexture() to find the component you are seeking and the properties you are interested in.

If you read the egg file directly, you have access to exactly the information that was present in the original egg file. If you load it as a model first, it will be converted to PandaNode structures which may change the information in subtle ways. Depending on precisely what information you are seeking, this may be OK.

David

Thanks David !!! That should come handy.

I am looking to sonify the enviroment and use Panda3D game as test platform for my sonification algorithm. If I am stuck up I shall revert back.

Regards,
Thimmaiah