RPM & DEB repositories

I doubt they will allow it, since then their SDK will be available to the public. Also it will need to be under a license that allows redistribution, otherwise I can’t get it into the build service (they refused the PhysX SDK, too).
But if they do, that would be cool.

Yeah, the maya exporter only consists of a few files. But I’ll have to be careful when compiling & linking so I don’t do something that breaks on other distros.

I had to remove Panda3D from the OBS as they do not allow applications using ffmpeg. I’m actively looking for a replacement, at the moment.

This is definitely the way to distribute software for distributions.
A link to these directions should go on the main “Download” page: (panda3d.org/download.php).

That said, I put in the Fedora 11 repository, but there are no packages. Is this right?

yum -v repolist

Repo-id : home_pro-rsoft_Panda3D
Repo-name : The Panda3D free 3D engine (fedora11)
Repo-status : enabled:
Repo-updated : Mon Aug 10 08:16:53 2009
Repo-pkgs : 0
Repo-size : 0
Repo-baseurl : download.opensuse.org/repositori … /fedora11/
Repo-expire : 21,600 second(s) (last: Sat Nov 28 13:57:34 2009)

I had to remove Panda3D from the OBS as they do not allow applications using ffmpeg.

I’ve found RPM Fusion where I could perhaps host Panda3D for Fedora, but I’ll probably need to spend a week or two packaging Panda and it’s dependencies for Fedora.

Thank you for your efforts. Dealing with separate repositories will obviously be more difficult.

I came across this thread originally looking for a .spec file that I could use with the tar ball to generate an rpm. I assume that one must exist. Would you happen to have a spec file that I could use? Could it be included with every panda tar ball?

-Frank

Here is the spec-file that I have used for the OBS, for 1.6.2:
152.10.254.215/~pro-rsoft/panda3d.spec

If you invoke makepanda with the --installer option, it will automatically create a specfile too, and generate an rpm with that.

@rdb will you build panda3d for rpmfusion?
When not i cann do this.

I’ll try, for the upcoming 1.7.0 version.

just to be sure, have you stopped to maintain the ubuntu repository dists rdb? I see no dist folder for lucid…

They are in the PPA on launchpad now.
launchpad.net/~panda3d/+archive/ppa

What about packages for Fedora 13?

The deb repositories are back, with the new buildbot setup that I use:
panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic … 5615#65615

With the buildbot supporting Fedora now, I could set-up RPM repositories too, but only if enough people request it.

Hi.

Now that debian wheezy is out, could it be possible to create a deb for panda?

:unamused:

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I just found that OpenSuse Build Service only supports Debian 5 (lenny) and Debian 6 (Squeeze)… So no problem… thanks

I’ll see if I can find time to create a wheezy buildbot and a repository at archive.panda3d.org/debian .

For the record, we don’t use the OpenSUSE build service any more, we use our own build servers now.