Remove/Disable setControlEffect on a animation?

okay, let me see if I can integrate this into my code.

Edit: well call me shocked, it seems to have worked! thank you rdb. and thanks for everyone (Thaumaturge and serega-kkz) who also helped

1 Like

Glad to hear that the problem is solved. Iā€™m curious, did you end up needing to set ā€œrestore-initial-poseā€ or was it not necessary?

I think I will consider the unloadAnims issue a bug, which I will look into fixing for a future Panda3D version.

no, I toke out any unnecessary code as soon as I saw results, and retested and everything stayed consistent to the first result. also, this may have been fixed already, because I still have not changed my version of panda3d, it is still 1.10.0, so it may be unnecessary to look at it as a bug.

I have reproduced the issue with the current version of Panda3D and filed an issue report:

I do highly recommend you to upgrade your Panda3D version if you are still using 1.10.0, since that version is very unstable.

Yeah, I know it is, but It is not that I donā€™t want to upgrade, itā€™s that if I do, I run the risk of losing compatibility with my current setup, and who knows what it would do to my script.

We go through great efforts to ensure that patch versions of Panda3D (eg. 1.10.0ā€¦1.10.5) are fully compatible with each other, and do not break compatibility. So it is safe to do so. And if you do find a problem, you can always downgrade.

I have fixed the bug, by the way, and in Panda3D 1.10.6, unloadAnims will no longer clear control effects of other animations.

I,m sure that you do, much thanks for your efforts and making it possible for me to develop games, Itā€™s just my game is like a house of cards and that last time I upgraded, my game stop operating at 60fps, and had I retooled it to 30fps, which toke a week (laughs), but I believed it was a vary good reason to upgrade then.

I guess I,m little cautious about making upgrades, but will make the upgrade to the latest at the time of upgrading only when there is no other solution, and like before will be ready retool my game to accommodate the upgraded version when that happens.