Python question-string.find

I’m writing a utility to update egg files with relative pathnames, and I’m a bit stuck.
I’m using the string.find function to find the start of a texture reference.
What I want to find is:

{
  "

I’m not sure if I need to include the cr/lf in the search string, and the ending quotes is a problem.
So what I need is: do I need to include the cr/lf in the search string, and how do I handle the quotes?

you can use single-quotes for that , like {" or “{’” if you need it the other way round.
you can use pythons replace() function to just get rid of all those whitespaces, tabs and newlines and then search for {"

EDIT: previous problem caused by a workaround, which had it’s problem fixed, so it was messing up the indices.

My new problem is how to convert this:
/c/folder/texture.jpg
into this:
c:\folder\texture.jpg

Hmm, I would personally use EggData classes for that, just load the .egg file, iterate through the nodes, replace all paths, and save it again.

Maybe you could do it with a smart regexp as well.
You could just search for “([a-zA-Z]):\” and replace it with “/$1/”, and find “\” and replace it with “/”.

The short answer to the question is, Filename(’/c/folder/texture.jpg’).toOsSpecific() -> ‘c:\folder\texture.jpg’, as described in the manual.

Of course you know that an egg file should contain filenames of the first form, not of the second form.

David

Thanks for the help, and yes, I know about egg texture filenames, I needed that conversion so I could get shutil to copy the texture file.