python and panda3d questions

what should this do?
@astelix: actually now I tried a 60.000 poly model and the fading looked ‘jittery’…

mmm, yesterday I tried a 40k with no problems - I could try ASAP with yours if you provide a download location
EDIT
I did a quick test with 250k polys without a single hiccup - are you trying the code I provided as is or with a customized one by yourself? if so post here the code piece and I’ll give it a peek

The fading to black is normal, but from black to visible again isn’t right:
mediafire.com/?njku1xkjymn
note that the 2nd time you run the program it might run alot faster

here worked fine also with your model, accidentally you did quite the same test I did with a high poly sphere.
I guess, but sold for 2cent, it is more a problem related with your HW - I suspect the alpha transition above more than 2.5 milions polygons make your GPU tongue roll out, but it is just my guess. Check the fps count with a clean scene just loading the 10 models to see by yourself.

Do you mean you had a smooth fading from black to transparent the 1st time you ran it? Wow, I guess it is my HW…
I thought even with so many polys the transition should be smooth, because it’s AFTER loading the model in the Sequence. I guess a way to explain it would be the PC doesn’t have enough time to take a breath?

of course - what is your rig, just to compare mine (look my signature)?

It temporarily stops the time during loading, so if the loading takes a while, the next scheduled stuff won’t run too early, if you have render frame call during loading.