push texture to vshader sha file

I think I fixed the issue in the latest Git revision. It should now be possible to use non-basic Cg shaders (via GLSL profiles) on AMD and Intel cards.

It’s a good news. I’ll try to build new version and check it, though I already fully switched on GLSL )

b.t.w. what the reasons to use Cg in Panda, except autoshaders? Cg is officially abandoned if I remember.
GLSL is a standard, which used more and more, especially in context of mobile devices evolution, except Microsoft, which went by own way, as usually, and uses DX on Win Phone.

b.t.w2 in context of Microsoft and DX, what you think about this project? code.google.com/p/angleproject/

That’s great and bad news!

Great because I could have all my shaders in one language and bad because Panda should realy move to using glsl (and hlsl if dx10+ would be supported -but I for one care not for it) as the default shader language.

I blame Nvidia for not updating Cg.

Can’t build latest GIT snapshot. Win 7 x86 SDK7.1
build command makepanda\makepanda.bat --everything --installer --no-eigen

[ 33%] Linking dynamic library built/bin/libpanda.dll
squish.lib(squish.obj) : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; rest
arting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker per
formance
   Creating library built/lib/libpanda.lib and object built/lib/libpanda.exp
libp3pgraph_igate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: stat
ic class TypeHandle EventStorePandaNode::_type_handle" (?_type_handle@EventStore
PandaNode@@0VTypeHandle@@A)
libp3pgraph_igate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtu
al __thiscall EventStorePandaNode::~EventStorePandaNode(void)" (??1EventStorePan
daNode@@UAE@XZ)
libp3pgraph_igate.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtu
al void __thiscall EventStorePandaNode::output(class std::basic_ostream<char,str
uct std::char_traits<char> > &)const " (?output@EventStorePandaNode@@UBEXAAV?$ba
sic_ostream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@@std@@@Z)
built/bin/libpanda.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 56 min 31 sec
The following command returned a non-zero value: link /nologo  /NOD:MFC90.LIB /N
OD:MFC80.LIB /NOD:LIBCMT /NOD:LIBCI.LIB /DEBUG /nod:libc /nod:libcmtd /nod:atlth
unk /nod:atls /nod:atlsd /DLL /MAP:NUL /NOD:MSVCRTD.LIB /NOD:MSVCPRTD.LIB /NOD:M
SVCIRTD.LIB /FIXED:NO /OPT:REF /STACK:4194304 /INCREMENTAL:NO  /OUT:built/bin/li
bpanda.dll /IMPLIB:built/lib/libpanda.lib /LIBPATH:thirdparty/win-python/libs bu
ilt/tmp/panda_panda.obj built/tmp/p3recorder_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3recorder
_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3recorder_igate.obj built/tmp/p3pgraphnodes_compos
ite1.obj built/tmp/p3pgraphnodes_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3pgraphnodes_igate
.obj built/tmp/p3pgraph_nodePath.obj built/tmp/p3pgraph_composite1.obj built/tmp
/p3pgraph_composite2.obj built/tmp/p3pgraph_composite3.obj built/tmp/p3pgraph_co
mposite4.obj built/tmp/libp3pgraph_igate.obj built/tmp/p3cull_composite1.obj bui
lt/tmp/p3cull_composite2.obj built/tmp/p3movies_composite1.obj built/tmp/libp3mo
vies_igate.obj built/tmp/p3grutil_multitexReducer.obj built/tmp/p3grutil_composi
te1.obj built/tmp/p3grutil_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3grutil_igate.obj built/
tmp/p3chan_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3chan_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3chan_ig
ate.obj built/tmp/p3pstatclient_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3pstatclient_composite
2.obj built/tmp/libp3pstatclient_igate.obj built/tmp/p3char_composite1.obj built
/tmp/p3char_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3char_igate.obj built/tmp/p3collide_com
posite1.obj built/tmp/p3collide_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3collide_igate.obj
built/tmp/p3device_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3device_composite2.obj built/tmp/li
bp3device_igate.obj built/tmp/p3dgraph_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3dgraph_composi
te2.obj built/tmp/libp3dgraph_igate.obj built/tmp/p3display_composite1.obj built
/tmp/p3display_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3display_igate.obj built/tmp/p3pipel
ine_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3pipeline_composite2.obj built/tmp/p3pipeline_cont
extSwitch.obj built/tmp/libp3pipeline_igate.obj built/tmp/p3event_composite1.obj
 built/tmp/p3event_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3event_igate.obj built/tmp/p3gob
j_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3gobj_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3gobj_igate.obj b
uilt/tmp/p3gsgbase_composite1.obj built/tmp/libp3gsgbase_igate.obj built/tmp/p3l
inmath_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3linmath_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3linmath_
igate.obj built/tmp/p3mathutil_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3mathutil_composite2.ob
j built/tmp/libp3mathutil_igate.obj built/tmp/p3parametrics_composite1.obj built
/tmp/p3parametrics_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3parametrics_igate.obj built/tmp
/p3pnmimagetypes_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3pnmimagetypes_composite2.obj built/t
mp/p3pnmimage_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3pnmimage_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3
pnmimage_igate.obj built/tmp/p3text_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3text_composite2.o
bj built/tmp/libp3text_igate.obj built/tmp/p3tform_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3tf
orm_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3tform_igate.obj built/tmp/p3putil_composite1.o
bj built/tmp/p3putil_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3putil_igate.obj built/tmp/p3a
udio_composite1.obj built/tmp/libp3audio_igate.obj built/tmp/p3pgui_composite1.o
bj built/tmp/p3pgui_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3pgui_igate.obj built/tmp/p3net
_composite1.obj built/tmp/p3net_composite2.obj built/tmp/libp3net_igate.obj buil
t/tmp/p3nativenet_composite1.obj built/tmp/libp3nativenet_igate.obj built/tmp/p3
pandabase_pandabase.obj built/lib/libpandaexpress.lib built/tmp/p3dxml_composite
1.obj built/tmp/libp3dxml_igate.obj built/lib/libp3dtoolconfig.lib built/lib/lib
p3dtool.lib built/tmp/p3putil_typedWritable_ext.obj built/tmp/p3pnmimage_pfmFile
_ext.obj built/tmp/p3gobj_geomVertexArrayData_ext.obj built/tmp/p3gobj_internalN
ame_ext.obj built/tmp/p3pgraph_ext_composite.obj built/tmp/p3display_graphicsSta
teGuardian_ext.obj built/tmp/p3display_graphicsWindow_ext.obj built/tmp/p3pnmtex
t_composite1.obj built/tmp/libp3pnmtext_igate.obj wsock32.lib ws2_32.lib user32.
lib winmm.lib gdi32.lib advapi32.lib iphlpapi.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/png/l
ib/libpng_static.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/jpeg/lib/jpeg-static.lib thirdpart
y/win-libs-vc10/tiff/lib/libtiff.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/zlib/lib/zlibstati
c.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/nvidiacg/lib/cg.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/open
ssl/lib/libpandassl.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/openssl/lib/libpandaeay.lib thi
rdparty/win-libs-vc10/freetype/lib/freetype.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/squish/
lib/squish.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/vorbis/lib/libogg_static.lib thirdparty/
win-libs-vc10/vorbis/lib/libvorbis_static.lib thirdparty/win-libs-vc10/vorbis/li
b/libvorbisfile_static.lib
Build terminated.

I do still recommend the use of GLSL over Cg, and we’re still moving in the direction of GLSL. But there are still people using Cg today (and the auto-shader, as you pointed out) and we can’t leave those hanging.

ninth, the error you’re getting is (I think) because of outdated headers. We don’t have EventStorePandaNode any more. I think you may still have old interrogate files, or old header files in the repository that git didn’t remove (for some reason). I recommend you try making a clean build.

ANGLE looks like a very interesting project. Though Panda doesn’t work very well with GLES2 because GLES2 has no fixed-function pipeline, and there is no Cg for GLES2, which means that using GLES2 with Panda currently means you have to write your own shader for everything.

I’m also interested in building a Direct3D 10/11 renderer for Panda, but that’s not very high on the list of priorities.

Thanks, clean build is works )
Seems that problem with Cg is solved, at least on Intel, on ATI not tested yet