Proper animation blending and control

Currently I have a model with Walk, Run, Jump, Crouch, Stand, and CrouchWalk animations. In Blender these are all in one action and I’m telling Chicken their frame ranges. My first question is, can I put each animation in its own action and get the exporter to see them? So far I’ve only been able to get animations from the active Blender action.

I’m having some issues with blending and multi-part animation, but I think most, if not all of it, is related to how I’ve set up the animations in my model.
I’m using every bone when I’m setting keyframes because I noticed that I couldn’t expose a joint that wasn’t in an animation. Now I’m thinking I should rework my keyframes to just apply to the affected bones as they all should eventually get included anyway.

This is my first time really doing anything with animated models so I’m curious what the best practice for setting up animations is. Should I make very specific and granular animations and then just call each one on the applicable subparts, like legs, body, right arm, left arm, etc., or is there a way to pick out the elements of more general animations and blend them together that I’m missing?

Hi,
take a look at this. might answer the first question.
discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=7271

Thanks! I’ll rework my animations and do some more testing.