Problem running wiki cubemap generator script

I was in the manual reading on reflection, and i tried to generate a cubemap in a scene following directions and using script from here:

panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Woodgrain_Example

I try to generate a cubemap, and in output it begins counting (as if generating the maps) but once it begins to write the textures to disk, it crashes:

DirectStart: Starting the game.
Warning: DirectNotify: category 'Interval' already exists
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\samples\00MyStuff\cubemapgenerator.py", line 88, in <module>
    tex = makeWoodgrain(texSize = 256, texZSize = 8, noiseScale = 0.4, noiseZScale = 0.8, noiseAmp = 0.12, ringScale = 40)
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\samples\00MyStuff\cubemapgenerator.py", line 83, in makeWoodgrain
    tex.load(p, zi)
TypeError: load() takes 2 or 4 arguments (3 given)

I tried to run it in 1.54 and 1.6, using python.exe, ppython.exe, pythonw.exe and all output the same. I am using Vista 32 home premium.

My line 83 and 84 are identical to the sample:

# Now load the current slice into the texture.
        tex.load(p, zi)

My whole script is identical to the sample. Is there another way to generate a cubemap series?

this script generates a 3Dtexture… thats not the same as a cubemap.
a cubemap consists of 6 textures . one for each side of a cube. a 3d-textures is like a stack of papers with a textures on each which in the end makes up a certain volume.
the fine difference is explained quite well in the manual. dunno if there is a convenience-function for creating a cubemap. there is one for sphereical maps.

This is one for cube maps:
panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Envir … _Cube_Maps

It’s also possible to use dynamic cube maps, but this is not recommended since it’s so slow.

Thank you very much guys, I am reading/doing all I can to learn and this helped a lot.

Still not sure why the 3d texture script did not work, as it is referenced in the cubemap section, but I did get a decent cubemap generated.

The API has changed slightly since the example was written; tex.load() now requires a third parameter, which should be 0 in this case. I have updated the sample code in the manual.

David