problem creating exe with packpanda

I am using packpanda to create an .exe
The compilation got this far:

C:Panda3D-1.5.2\nsis\makensis.exe /V2 /DCOMPRESSOR=“izma” /DSMDIRECTORY=“game” /DINSTALLDIR=“C:\game” etc… “C:\Panda3D-1.5.2\direct\src\directscripts\packpanda.nsi”
packing…

warning: uninstall function “un.RemoveFromPath” not referenced - zeroing code <232-395> out

warning: install function “AddToPath” not referenced - zeroing code <3908-3948> out

warning: install function “RemoveFromPath” not referenced - zeroing code <3948-4021> out

warning: install function “StrRep” not referenced - zeroing code <4058-4096> out

warning: Variable “READABLE” not referenced, wasting memory!
warning: Variable “MANPAGE” not referenced, wasting memory!
warning: Variable “TUTNAME” not referenced, wasting memory!

7 warnings:
uninstall function “un.RemoveFromPath” not referenced - zeroing code <232-395> out

install function "AddToPath" not referenced - zeroing code <3908-3948> out

install function "RemoveFromPath" not referenced - zeroing code <3948-4021> out

install function "StrRep" not referenced - zeroing code <4058-4096> out

Variable "READABLE" not referenced, wasting memory!
Variable "MANPAGE" not referenced, wasting memory!
Variable "TUTNAME" not referenced, wasting memory!

The .exe was not created. Can someone tell me what caused these warnings? Thanks

I believe these are common warnings. Did you let the process finish? It might take a while and look like it’s freezing, but it should finish to the end.

I believe it was finished. After a long wait, it took me back to the command prompt <C:Panda3D-1.5.2>
I didnt think anything woul follow this, would it?

Yes, this is normal behavior. For having used packpanda a lot, this is totally normal and your exe is created. Look for it!

DarkJaff :slight_smile:

OK. I’ll do a search. Thanks very much

I found the file, thanks.
I need some help understanding how to use the other features in packpanda though.
The manual says to use

packpanda --bam # Generate and ship BAM files
packpanda --pyc # Generate and ship PYC files

to create BAM and PYC files and ship them to the end-user.
It also says to use ‘–rmdir’ to remove EGG and PY files.

I’m not sure how to write the command. Do I do these seperately or do I combine them like so:

packpanda --dir game --bam --pyc --rmdir egg (etc...)

Thanks in advance

Uh, put them all in one command. But --rmdir is not for removing bam and pyc, it’s for excluding certain named directories.

Sorry I was not clear on what wanted.
I wanted to know how exactly to write the command, to remove the bam files and also the pyc.

To remove pyc and bam? That would be:

--rmext pyc --rmext bam

Sounds odd to do that though. Rather, don’t you mean to compile .py to .pyc and .egg to .bam? That would be something like:

--pyc --bam --rmext egg --rmext py

Thanks a lot.