Powerbook G4 configuration problem

Hello.

I installed 1.6.2, run the shell script for the Paths and installed Cg 2.2 october on a Powerbook G4 running Leopard. I get the following error when i run:

ppython Tut-Asteroids.py

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Tut-Asteroids.py", line 13, in <module>
    import direct.directbase.DirectStart
  File "Panda3D-tpl-rw/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/direct/directbase/DirectStart.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "Panda3D-tpl-rw/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/direct/showbase/ShowBase.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/PandaModules.py", line 2, in <module>
    from libpandaModules import *
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/libpandaModules.py", line 2, in <module>
    Dtool_PreloadDLL("libpanda")
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/extension_native_helpers.py", line 73, in Dtool_PreloadDLL
    imp.load_dynamic(module, pathname)
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/libpanda.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: __ZN6squish10DecompressEPhPKvi
  Referenced from: /Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/libpanda.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sorry, PPC is not supported in the 1.6.2 build. It will be better supported in 1.7.0. You might have more luck with the daily snapshot here: (no promises, though)
panda3d.org/buildbot/

Any date set for 1.7.0?

Is it possible for me to build 1.6.2 from source to get ppc support?

1.7.0 will be released within two weeks, probably.

No, rebuilding 1.6.2 from source won’t give you PPC support. But I’m pretty sure that the daily build (from the buildbot link above) fixes the problem that you had.