Please help with Maya to egg.

I have access to both Maya 8.5 and 2008 at school. I’m just trying to convert a cube to egg, but when I run the converter program I get no egg and this error:

‘maya2egg85’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Error on both versions (except 85 is 2008 in 2008 version) and tried typing different version in the dos prompt just too see and got same error.

I have Panda 1.5.2. I’m new here and have been trying a lot of different engines for awhile and I really liked this one, until I came to this problem.

Thank you for any help.

maya2egg85 is located in C:\Panda3D-1.5.2\bin. If it’s not finding that, you might be having a problem with your PATH variable, probably due to a lack of rights at the school’s computer.

From this manual page:

[i]Normally, during the panda installation process,
the PATH environment variable is configured to indicate the location of
python. However, some PCs have unusual security configurations that
prevent the installer from modifying the PATH. This can result in the
error message shown above.

To solve this problem, it may be necessary to modify the PATH manually. Click on the “My Computer” icon on your desktop and select Properties. Choose the tab “Advanced”. Click the Button “Environnment Variables”:

If you have administrator access to the PC, select the PATH line in the list under System Variables, otherwise, select the PATH line in the list of personal environment Variables.

Now double click the PATH (or Path) line. a small window opens containing a series of directories separated by semicolons. Add Panda3D’s bin and python directories to the end of the PATH (by default the directories C:\Panda3D-1.5.2\bin and C:\Panda3D-1.5.2\python).

It may be necessary to log off and log back in to obtain the updated settings.[/i]

Awesome, its working now, your the man, thanks for your help.