People For Project...

Hello… im working on a project and i would like to organize a team of people for the workflow on creating the assets for the game…

It seems that our project has a good structure for the most part, but we just need more people to help out.

essentially, im pretty good at modeling and doing UV maps and textures, im also one of the two people who started this project…

but there may be someone else who is better or who could help share the load on the models and etc…

also, i dont know how to do bones (yet) so it would help to have someone who can do these things… and when i say bones, i dont mean for characters… all bones will be for moving parts of vehicle units, and things like that…

basically, the game is a RTS that will be single player, online multiplayer, as well as LAN probably… right now there two people doing models on the project, and a single programmer…

we would like more people to share the work load, in terms of modeling, UV maps, Bones, and also programming, if there are any people who would like to take up the task… we would appreciate it.

for anyone who would like to get involved, email me at plato_03@yahoo.com

Spring is a very good open source RTS engine have you though of just making a MOD for it instead of coding entire RTS in panda3d?

Have you heard of Red Alert? Its a very good RTS, maybe you could just play that instead of writing your own?

Sorry, but the above post does seem a bit absurd on a website dedicated to people making games - moding is fine for some people, and a good place to start, but ultimately for the most satisfaction your going to want to make your own. Besides, Spring is quite limited in some respects - you probably wouldn’t want to use it to make a small scale squad based RTS for instance.

Why? What’s absurd about using an engine that saves you the work of doing everything from the ground up if it meets your needs?

Well, I don’t want to hijack this thread with this discussion, as the first guy asked for helpers and we are not that. But I didn’t mean to say that moding was absurd - it is certainly as you say the right approach in some cases, just that the advice given was - i.e. the person has decided to make a game without doing a mod and that should be respected. I’ve moded games in the past - making 'em from scratch is a hell of a lot more satisfying. (Plus I’m a terrible artist, so might as well stick to what I know;-) )

well, yeah, actually the RTS i would like to make is based off an existing RTS game that is only 2D… me and a few other people are looking to make a better version of the game in 3D with better game AI… just basically revamp the game and fix whatever sucked in the original game…

thats pretty much why we don’t want to mod an existing engine… we pretty much need to just make it ourselves… i do modeling, and sounds, and pretty much whatever else i can… we just need more people to help out… particularly with UV maps and bones…

besides that we are pretty much covered… but the more people we have on this project, the better…