Panda3D Studio!

Thank you very much :slight_smile: !

1. Ironically, of all the people using my project, I’m probably the only one who’s not using it for any specific purpose! Before I started it, I was actually messing around with a prototype for a game, but I got so frustrated with the lack of straightforward, easy-to-use (and preferably free) software to create game assets, that I decided to make my own. Maybe I’m not really the ideal person to undertake such an ambitious project, but I’m doing it because, well, nobody else is. Anyway, I now find myself pouring all of my free time into further developing this project rather than actually using it, but I find it a worthwhile goal to make a game-related tool (which a lot of people could benefit from) instead of working on a game that might just get boring after five minutes :stuck_out_tongue: .

2. The thought certainly crossed my mind, but from what I read in this topic, most people seem to prefer an external GUI system using HTML or whatever. As a replacement for (or complement to) DirectGUI it might still be useful, but this mostly depends on how the Panda developers themselves feel about this, and it would require their involvement to make this a reality, as some parts should probably be coded in C++ (which I can’t help with), like the sizer calculations needed to maintain the layout. Integration into Panda might not be that straightforward as my GUI system makes use of certain subsystems of my project and there might be some caveats trying to make it play nice with a user’s application. All that said, yeah, it would be nice to be able to offer this as a built-in GUI framework; if the Panda devs were to consider it, I’d certainly do my part to make it happen.