Panda3D Identi.ca Group

I decided to take the liberty of creating a Panda3D group on Identi.ca, a micro-blogging service based on the FOSS StatusNet engine. Think of it like Twitter, but using FOSS, taking a federated service approach, and having vastly more features.

Some other engines (including Pygame) have groups on that site, so I figured that Panda3D may as well have one as well. I don’t expect it to be all that popular, but that doesn’t stop most groups from existing on there.

Anyway, I just wanted to bring that up here in case anyone would be interested. The address is http://identi.ca/group/panda3d. To explain the colour scheme I set up for it, I just tried to reflect the actual Panda3D site, but that can change at any time of course.

thanks, but i am unsure how it can be used.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I made the group because it did not previously exist, and the point of the group feature of StatusNet is to represent topics of interest that others may share.

But consider publicity a side benefit. For example, if a new release is made, or once in a while if I’m working with the engine, then I’ll post about it on there. Another example is the first post I made–the introduction–which was directed to several other groups. All the members of those groups received the post.

Of course, as I said, I don’t expect it to become too popular. It definitely does not act as a sufficient substitute for help since the forum, IRC and (when applicable) IM are already available. It’s just a nice little place for people using OMB (OpenMicroBlogging) services such as Identi.ca who are interested in Panda3D to come together. Nothing ground-breaking, and not a revolution in Panda3D history. :slight_smile:

Just a quick update: in light of the new site theme, I updated the Identi.ca group page design. I couldn’t match the background gradient that this site has due to limitations, but I made do with what I could.