Panda3D for the GameCube & Wii

p3d_gc

Panda3D GameCube\Wii Project

Developer: Cyndanera

Physic Engines: PhysX(Wii only), ODE(GameCube\Wii)
Python Version: 3.7.9
C\C++ Compilers: Freescale CodeWarrior, GNU GCC, Green Hills Software

3 Likes

Vary intriguing, I was looking into console porting myself with my own projects except I was aiming for the switch, perhaps if this is finished sooner then later, I can try my hand at this instead, I have a wii doing nothing but collecting dust and I am sure it is not too hard to install CFW on it.

Thanks for doing this kind of work, I always wanted to see my projects run on console and the wii is not a bad start.

yeah GameCube and Wii are my fav console! :smiley:

thier pretty good consoles, are you going to try to develop for the gamecube too?

gamecube is pretty much the same as wii think of a wii as a + addon for gamecube, so very easy to port and build for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, that makes me now wonder, if the GameCube can run a shader like rim light shading (like the one found in super Mario galaxy).

1 Like

GameCube and Wii have pretty much same gpu so same effects and TEV shader code, fixed pipeline, Wii just has better clear video output to the TV then GameCube and more addon ram such as 88 MB.

1 Like

I also have a gamecube too, so I was just wondering, since the gamecube is more of traditional console then the wii, due to there being no motion controls. but the RAM sounds like quite the challenge, theres has to be some type of real time decompression like what was employed on the N64.

1 Like

First off GameCube and Wii have DXT1 texture compression.
So Wii is pretty much a gamecube 1.5

2 Likes

alright, cool. oh, a quick question, regarding the GX TEV shader format, how far off is it’s diffrence to OpenGL’s (GLSL) shaders? because I am experimenting using GLSL shading language now, and I was wondering if its possible to throw a couple of quick simple shaders at the wii?

@Cyndanera Have you made any progress on this? I’m more just curious then anything else. :grin:

1 Like

Sorry been busy but I’ll get working on this port again
Also new info GameCube\Wii does use DSP microcode, I do have the GameCube DVD format figured I wrote all docs down. :slight_smile:
Right now I’m working on a game with Pana3D, Python for PC(Windows, MacOS)
After that I could return to making a port of the engine for GameCube\Wii

4 Likes