panda3d.exe

I’m having a heck of a time with this… maybe someone can help me with this new error… Having going around the boards and relooking at links… I finally got it to start the building process:P, but just a little ways it in thorws me this error that I’m not sure on its meaning… I’m guessing it can’t find the file “LogIn” even tho LogIn does exist, but is in another folder from the Main.py file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Panda3D>panda3d.exe packp3d.p3d -o C:\Builds\Mradr.p3d -d C:\Builds\12112010124
8 -r morepy -r fmod -r openal -r egg
:PackageInfo: Removing usage.xml
:PackageInfo: Removing usage.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 352, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 410, in __dispatch
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 493, in __startIfReady
  File "VFSImporter", line 153, in load_module
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/packp3d.py", line 219, in <module>
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/packp3d.py", line 209, in makePackedApp
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 2352, in endPackage
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 403, in close
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 493, in installMultifi
le
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 845, in done
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 919, in __loadModule
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 1358, in load_module
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 305, in load_module
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 414, in scan_code
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 323, in _safe_import_hook
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 125, in import_hook
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 162, in determine_parent
KeyError: 'LogIn'
:task(error): Exception occurred in PythonTask Messenger-default
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 411, in run
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\task\Task.py", line 496, in run
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\task\Task.py", line 454, in step
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 352, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 410, in __dispatch
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 493, in __startIfReady
  File "VFSImporter", line 153, in load_module
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/packp3d.py", line 219, in <module>
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/packp3d.py", line 209, in makePackedApp
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 2352, in endPackage
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 403, in close
  File "/root/pandaworker/panda3d-1.7.0/built_cmu/direct/p3d/Packager.py", line 493, in installMultifi
le
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 845, in done
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 919, in __loadModule
  File "C:\panda3d-1.7.0\built_cmu\direct\showutil\FreezeTool.py", line 1358, in load_module
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 305, in load_module
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 414, in scan_code
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 323, in _safe_import_hook
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 125, in import_hook
  File "c:\python26\lib\modulefinder.py", line 162, in determine_parent
KeyError: 'LogIn'
Failure on startup.

Sorry to duable post… I been trying to find the error and came across what it could be.

Having little to no clue, I came by a topic that sorta had the same error with the namespace getting confused by some files being name the samething but only a change with a cap letter … window vs Window… so I look around and the only thing I have close to that is “LogIn_M” witch is a totally different file name…

So I feel this .p3d is flawed in erroer returning anything usefuly to actully fixs anything lol. <-Joking, but I’m not sure what to do =)

Have you tried passing that folder to packp3d with the -p switch?

There do appear to be problems with packp3d finding Python files by scanning the directory, instead of finding them by scanning for import statements.

So you could try to ensure that in your main.py, you import all of the Python files that will be found in the subsequent scan of the directory.

David