panda3d-editor

Hey _Hynos:

I tried to contact you in the chat room but you were afk. I got your editor running after I uninstalled 1.5.3 and installed 1.5.4.

My offer still stand.

Some intial questions.

Does it only load .egg files.
Does it load .py files.

Why don’t you try and see?

Afaik, it does not support .py files. Only .egg and .egs (extended .egg format, I believe)

Hello, yes i forgot to logout this night.

It’s best if you update the cvs again. i have added some better example last night.

It’s possible to load:

• egg files: you can modify (limited possibilities) a model (setting collision settings on parts of the model etc.)
  • egs files (egg scene files): you can add all possible types of objects into this type of file.

be aware that those are 2 completely different editing modes when loading a egg file vs loading a egs file. unfortunately the gui interface doesnt show this yet. so in egg-editing you cannot add any new type of nodes (lights etc.) actually you can but it wont save it.

I was wondering what the status was on this? I just checked it out via SVN, but I was wondering if there was any official word on stability, further features to implement, etc. It hasn’t had anything checked in for a few weeks, so I didn’t know if it is “done” for the time being, or that the developers have simply been too busy.

unfortunately you’re right. i havent got time to work on the editor atm, because i just started my master.

if somebody is interested joining the development of the editor, it may would help making the progress more continuous.

Hey Hypnos:

code.google.com/p/panda3d-editor … etail?id=2
Looks like you forgot to check in a file. Could you add the pEnums file to the repo?

hello, I was wondering if there was anything that i could do to help the production of this awesome editor, cuz it would be a l33t addition to Panda3D and would make the overall workflow so much easier. I am a relatively new Python programmer, but I think this would be a good way to improve my programing.

Regards,

King_of_z

I am trying to load this project to learn from and post anything good I can come up with, but I am getting a few file load errors.

On run it gives me the errors:

Unable to open misc\axiscube.bam
Unable to open src\default.egg (doesnt seem this file is in the source pages)
Unable to open examples\empty-scene.egs

In spite of these errors it does load an empty panda3d window.

I was able to download the raw axiscube.bam and empty-scene.egs files, but it seems that IE can only save them as .mht files, and the files have a large amount of .mht specific strings in them now, too many to go line by line and remove. Default.egg isn’t located in the directories of the svn (or am I just not seeing it?)

I was just wondering if I could get these files to mess around and learn with, or if anyone knows a way of downloading those two specific ones off from the svn unmodified to mht? I am fairly new to Panda but I have many years of programming in me, this is something I want to work on to learn the panda3d engine.

I don’t mean to be impatient or anything, but how is progress on the editor?

Look four post before your’s. Hypnose said he did not have time to work on this any longer

Will it give any updates for this editor?

Is the project dead? =(

See this thread.

David