Panda -> Documentation -> Manual -german Translation w

Actually, I think this was just a mistake; they didn’t mean anything. I have removed them.

GSG is an abbreviation for GraphicsStateGuardian, which is the object Panda uses to manage the current graphics state on the video card.

David

Dunno if it was a mistake because - as said - those variables were not in the panda Config.prc (Panda 1.0.5) - may be they were default there before or are variables that can be add and would be read out in the case they are located in there…

Thx for the GSG. Additional information is always good :smiley: (even if not needed for the translation)

But here is some more stuff (still (and for the rest of the translation) CCL 2.0 - see above) - as you see its not completed - there may be still some errors in it but thats why its not V1.0 :slight_smile:

Part IV.B
http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/P_m_P3D_IV.B_V0.7.pdf

Part IV.C
http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/P_m_P3D_IV.C_V0.5.pdf

Regards, Bigfoot29

gah, wrong links…

http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/PmP3D_IV.B_V0.7.pdf

http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/PmP3D_IV.C_V0.5.pdf

Regards… Bigfoot29

hmmm… a question again… in the sentence

what means “transform” in detail? Its NOT transformation, but I don’t find another meaning that would actually fit the sentence - or at least I can’t think of one that can’t be used with the word “transformation” instead…

Regards, Bigfoot29

bah, this is weird! I always need to log in twice until this forum remembers me till logout… otherwise it remembers me only for one or two clicks :confused:

But back to the translation… can it be that you used one paragraph of a text at two following tut pages?

The following…

can at least be found @Attaching an Object to a Joint and Controlling a Joint Procedurally - but at the second page it looks a bit out of place…

Well, I guess some (more) real questions will follow…

Regards, Bigfoot29

If you “transform” (verb) an object, it means you move it, rotate it, scale it, or shear it.

A “transform” (noun) is a combination of movements, rotations, scales, and shears.

Often, a “transform” (noun) is stored in the form of a matrix.

Thanks Josh. I will change that in a later revision :slight_smile:

Atm I have two more topics ready:

http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/PmP3D_IV.D_V0.5.pdf

and

http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/PmP3D_IV.E_V0.5.pdf

Where I have to say that the “controlling the camera” section is a bit disturbing for me… It was possible to translate nearly everything as it should be, but there are still questions how to do what. Of course, a camera is a node like everything else, but there was no example how to move the camera 10 units to the left or 10 units straight ahead - just as examples.
And the page with the lenses is completely un-understandable to me… Can you give there in the docs some good examples where to use what? What is the Film Size acually for? what does it change? And how? (I mean what results when changing the values in what manner?) How about the aspect ratio? How to set a camera to be ortographic or non-orthographic? and what are non-ortographic values and what will that change actually for the visitor (or what is the effect the programmer may intend with that?)

As you see there came a whole bunch of questions just out of a few sentences :slight_smile:

Regards, Bigfoot29

PS: The translated docs are still beta. Feel free to contact me in case you have a better translation for a particular part of it :slight_smile:

Another part is ready…

http://www.bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads/PmP3D_IV.F_V0.5.pdf

But I have serious problems here to follow your examples… everything is fine untill you start with Manipulating Sounds

base.disableAllAudio() did not work when there is still a sound playing (used a mp3 song for that and it kept playing)

bEnableMusic in base.enableMusic is a placeholder for 0 or 1 I guess?

soundEffectsMgr=base.sfxManagerList[0] works fine, MusicMgr=base.sfxManagerList[1] reports then to be “list index out of range”

audio3d = Audio3DManager.Audio3DManager(base.sfxManagerList[0], camera) reports “NameError: name ‘Audio3DManager’ is not defined”.

Thats also why I can’t test the following parts of that section of the tut - but I guess they would work…

Regards, Bigfoot29

Whatever I did wrong, its working now…

Exactly. As I guessed…

…still doesn’t work.

Can’t be defined… the command

audio3d = Audio3DManager(base.sfxManagerList[0], camera)

instead of the first one works!

More to come… Regards, Bigfoot29

Sorry for spamming but I am gettin some crisis here…

I ONCE managed to get the Audio3DManager to display something else than

What do I need to load/import to get that thing working? calling one of the subfunctions (eg. Audio3DManager.init) works…

This is really getting annoying…

A rioting Bigfoot29

I added a line to the manual showing what you need to import for Audio3DManager:

from direct.showbase import Audio3DManager
audio3d = Audio3DManager.Audio3DManager(base.sfxManagerList[0], camera)

yea… after some hours of testing I found it out myself - was nearly the same time you wrote it :smiley:
(I do have only limited Python knowledge atm as you see :blush: )

Now there is for the sound-thingie only the problem with the table/list ( the [0] and [1]-thingie ) where I don’t know what command has what use (and where I need to initialize the [1] - or whith what values so that it makes sense…

Uh, and the lens problem is still interesting :smiley:

Regards, Bigfoot29

I don’t know enough about lenses to tell you. Let’s wait for David Rose to come back.

It does look like the manual page on lenses leaves something to be desired. :slight_smile: Let me go flesh it out a bit.

David

There ya go. :slight_smile:

David

:open_mouth: fucking hell… :open_mouth:

Nice :smiley: - but again translation work… NOOOOOOOOO :wink:

I will do the re-translation in the following days… sorry that I am a bit slow lately, but something called “real life” interrupted me… god I hate it when that happens :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Regards, Bigfoot29

Ok, the lens translation is ready… I did a whole makeover of my first posting. Is it possible to split the part I quoted from the other part of the message and make it a independent one?

Here is the link of the actual work:

bios.kicks-ass.org/downloads … E_V0.7.pdf

Regards, Bigfoot29

Its amazing that people always learn swear words first in any language.
Buts it probably best not to post such items incase the small people are about.

hehe… well, I am talking this language already for - what now? - 10 years? And believe me - I learned the first “swearing word” after 2 years :wink:

But be honest… what “small ppl” that program with a 3d-engine will find this page without knowing what 70% of the web are about? :wink:

However - I have bad news… leaving for holidays for 2 weeks… so there will be no progress in translation. Still stuck @ the Intervals section…

Uh, and it starts getting more of a tiring (making me tired) duty than a honour because I can’t start programming as I want to… the first models could be ready and implemented… :cry: (even the background- and trailer music is kinda sorted…) - guess I need to use a big book to note all that and re-think about it in a year or so… :frowning:

Anyways… holidays first - maybe I will have then a bit more time to do both - translation AND coding work :slight_smile:

Regards, Bigfoot29

starting again with the translations these days… stay tuned :slight_smile:

Regards, Bigfoot29