Panda 3d Class?

Josh,

Ever think about putting on a Panda 3d class for people outside of the ETC?

Or maybe you could offer it at the ETC but with the ability for non-students to attend as well, not for credit.

GarageGames started “Torque Boot Camps” where you kind of get a crash course in Torque development. They have both commercial and indie tracks.

I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’d be willing to pay for something like this. Of course I live on the east coast.

Once I learn Panda a little better I thought about spreading the word myself at the local Python User Group. I’m not quite comfortable enough with Panda 3d though for that yet :smiley:

If not you, maybe someone else could teach the course. I think it would be a great way to get interested users/developers of Panda together to exchange ideas, knowledge and socialize.

I really liked the video lectures by David on Panda 3d. If there are anymore of those around I wouldn’t mind having access to them.

Steve

p.s. I know you have a lot your currently doing, however, we are talking for pay here :slight_smile:

Interesting idea.

No matter how much you paid me, there’s no way I could do another thing. But maybe it’s something a student could do…

Well, I can understand where you are coming from. That’s why I hate asking involved questions on the forums some times :slight_smile:

Maybe as the Panda community grows we’ll be able to see if there is a demand for something like this.

Just a thought anyway.

Steve

How about filming your classes? We could then purchase them for download and the cash could go to helping the ETC, or maybe we could donate money to a panda3d pot for helping to pay for server hardware, bandwidth, and so on, that keeps this place alive?

Just a thought as some of us will not be in the same country :slight_smile:

That would work too!

And sorry Sandman, I forget sometimes that the Internet is global :smiley:

Steve

I have a problem with the first lecture by david. I do not have the audio for the lecture after 30 minutes into the lecture. I have downloaded the lecture twice and the same problem persists.

Is this a known issue? I have not seen anyone complain on the forum about it.

Please suggest a remedy if it exists.