packp3d and p3d. p3d doesn't run.

I’m trying to pcak my game so I can create a standalone installer, but I can’t even get my .p3d file to play.

Panda SDK 1.7.2
Panda3D 1.0.3

Someone in another thread mentioned trying ‘panda3d main.py’ but all I get is a window with an exclamation and no error messages. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

When you see the exclamation point, check the log files in c:/Users/Sprite101/AppData/Local/Panda3D/log . But I suspect one of your problems is going to be enet.pyd, which is an extension module and therefore can’t be packaged up directly in a p3d file. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are two ways to build a p3d file that relies on an extension module:

(1) Use only extension modules that we have already included for your use. These are the modules that appeared to us to be the most commonly used.

(2) Create and host a separate package for any additional extension modules you require.

Using (2) requires learning more about the packaging system.

I have no idea whether this is the only problem or whether there is some other reason that you’re seeing the exclamation point; the logs will be more helpful.

David