packaging c++ app for browser plugin

100 MB? Really? It should be more like 20. Is that just for the panda3d package itself?

I’ve been annoyed by the initial freeze of the browser too. I’m not 100% sure where that’s coming from, but it only seems to happen the first time a package is installed. It might be the md5 hash checks. More investigation is needed.

I think we are not that far away from making a good, relatively lightweight solution for C++ P3D apps.

David

Oh, eesh, I just went to the demo page on this site and saw the delay you’re referring to. That’s way different than the problem I was referring to! It’s delaying while it’s downloading the p3d file, but it shouldn’t be doing that. That seems like something’s very wrong.

David

Hello,

I am new to panda and just wanted to pipe in and give my 2 cents, in case anyone else experiences a problem like this. I downloaded panda a few days ago and compiled it without python. I wanted to go a strict c++ route (because I have no clue how to code in python or what the runtime requirements are for the end user).

I had a similar issue with this topic, pretty much the exact same callstack where it crashed. I tried disabling threading and recompiled panda multiple times with different options enabled/disabled.

The issue was that I was building my solution with NDEBUG defined, which was not defined in the panda library settings when compiling. It seems that the panda and user project pre-processor commands must match. This is plastered all over the forum :blush:.

I don’t know if this is the same issue as the OP but the symptoms are so similar that I thought I mention it in case anyone else searches and finds this topic.