OS X - Panda3d binaries can't find dylibs

I am using the OS X version of Panda3d distributed by Hypnos.

I seem to have some installation issue where the binaries can’t find the libraries they need. This happens when I try to run the binaries individually or try to export my models from blender using Chicken (Version R44).

This is the error message I get:

dyld: Library not loaded: libeggbase.dylib
Referenced from: /Projects/Realtime/Panda3d/p3dapp.app/Contents/Resources/panda/bin/egg2bam
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Any suggestions?

I havent got the time to test this, but just try to copy all frameworks from the binary i made into /Library/Frameworks.

check this:
https://discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=3592&highlight=p3dapp

Thanks, that seems to do the trick for chicken. I’m still having problems however with pview. It seems to think that the libraries should be at the root level of the Hard disk.
I wonder if it has anything to do with me using aliases instead of copying the libraries themselves…

I think using osx aliases does not work. You would have to use at least unix links (ln -s) to get it working (but i didnt test this as well). I would recommend to copy the file like described in the link above.

You can also change to application to behave like pview (im using that myself). Change the last lines of p3dapp.app/Contents/Ressources/script to:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# act as pview
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cd "${APPPATH}/Contents/Resources/panda/bin"
pview ${PARAMETERS}

(removing the cd “${APPPATH}/Contents/Resources/project/” & python call)