Not loading blender animations

I have tested the most recent two, I haven’t tried 11.2 yet, but I will if I have troubles - in college class right now.

It seems the newest version (can’t remember the version name) does not export properly.
11.3 (second newest version) exports fine, but gives out blank data,
And I’ll try 11.2 here shortly.

We have the same blender version, so it’s not blender that’s having the troubles.
Thanks again. I’ll leave an edit below when I test 11.2

Nope. It did not work.
I ended up reinstalling Blender 2.62 just in case it was corrupt, Not the problem.
I downloaded the 11.2 of Yabee, Not the problem.
I re-exported my models,
And I did get character-model, character-model-idle, and character-model-walk. Now when I go to move my character Via Panda3D, My game does not close, and I get no errors.

However, My animations and model does not show. As if invisible. Unlike a few days ago, I can actually move around freely. But still again, No character shows.

Well, it looks like progress, at least.

Note that the most recent two versions of Yabee at time of writing (12 and 11.3, I believe) are both apparently intended for Blender 2.63a, meaning that if you’re using Blender 2.62 there may well be an incompatibility that has been causing at least some of the problem that we’ve been dealing with.

So, the next thing, I think, is to check the resulting output. To this end, run Pview, passing in your model and animation files. To do this, open a terminal/cmd window, depending on whether you’re using Linux or Windows (respectively, and guessing that you’re likely using one of those two), navigate to the folder in which your model files are stored, and run the following command:

pview character-model.egg character-model-idle.egg character-model-walk.egg

Once Pview starts up, press “c” (which should bring your model into view if it’s not initially visible), then “a”. You may also want to turn on lighting by pressing “l”.

If you find that the system doesn’t know what “pview” is, you might find it called for to provide the full directory to pview, depending on where you have Panda’s installation (such as “c:\SomeDirectory\Panda3D\WhereverPViewIsUnderWindows\pview”).

Keep an eye open for errors in the terminal/cmd window: they might be useful.

(You might be able to do this without the terminal/cmd, but it seems more likely to me that you’re using Windows than Linux, and I don’t have Panda installed on Windows to hand, I don’t think, and don’t know whether it works there.)

If you see your model there, then the problem is likely in your code, and we can start looking again at that. If not, then we may still have a problem with Blender and/or Yabee.

I don’t believe any things wrong with my files. Let me explain why:
I had just used the start-up block, saved it as a .egg file, and previewed it like you had showed me to do. It showed up.

I then made a quick human model (without armature) and tried previewing it. It worked. (said their was no animation, which is correct.)

I then took my character model and exported in Object Mode rather than Pose mode, I then previewed it. It worked!
However, when saved, my character was “Posed” in a stance. In preview, it was in T-Position, and said it had no animation. Which is incorrect.
Thinking maybe it was just the preview, or even if maybe my character wouldn’t work anyways, I tested it on my game. It worked. However, it was again in T-Pose and no animation what-so-ever.
I had also noticed my characters colors were missing as well (in both, preview and game).

So we are getting somewhere,
But now I’m having difficulties playing the animation and my characters color.

Hmm… Interesting.

Ah, but I think that, even if the character is posed in Blender, it’s not expected to export the base model posed - that’s expected to be in an animation, which can then be called in order to pose the model, I think.

In short, I would expect the model to load in the T-pose, and then take poses according to its animation (there’s even a “pose” method intended to have a model adopt a specific frame of an animation, if I recall correctly).

However, the lack of animation is indeed odd (presuming that you loaded all of the files - base model and animations - into Pview all at once, as I gave example of). Do you see any errors in the terminal/cmd window? Perhaps copy whatever output it produces to a post here.

Did you turn on lighting in Pview (by pressing “l”), and do you have lights in your game? I’ve found that material colours - that is, as defined by materials, rather than texture maps - don’t seem to show up without at least one light active, I believe.

Hi, thanks so much. I got it working. It looks great now:) thank you so much for all your help.
I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I do have one more problem.
I was making a terrain for my character to walk on, it was going to be a few small hills.
This works fine as far as looks, but my character cannot run over the hills, in fact, he cannot run at all. I tried making a simple flat-land as well, and he still cannot run.
Is this maybe a problem with my blender, or something?

Thanks again.

I’m very glad that you got it working! What was the problem with the animations, in the end?

As to running, what do you mean in saying that the character “cannot run”? Do you mean that the animation doesn’t play, or that the character doesn’t move?

If the latter, then moving the character is a part of what you’re intended to implement, I believe. I think that there may be a character controller or two included with Panda, but I don’t know whether they work or not. How you go about moving your character is likely to depend on what, precisely, you want to happen. You may find the Roaming Ralph sample useful to you - it shows at least one means of moving your character as well as movement over uneven terrain, as I recall.

As running, I mean not moving around.

Yes, a while back I had used the roaming Ralph movement script.
It works very well on Models/World. But when I added my terrain to it (is uneven as well), my character cannot move. I don’t get any errors, so that’s good. But I don’t know why my character cannot move.

Well, does your terrain have collision geometry? I’m reasonably confident that Roaming Ralph relies on collision detection to set the character’s height, and I don’t think that it’s intended to work without that collision geometry.

As to movement in the x- and y- axes, again, that’s something that, as I understand it, you’re intended to implement yourself - unless, of course, you mean that you dropped your model into the Roaming Ralph sample and found that it suddenly no longer worked.

I don’t think I have collision geometry o.o I just made my terrain model and added it in,
How do I go about adding this?

I added a small test function for if you’re near or on a wall, and you press Y, your character moves upward (not including standing on the ground). So I used this on Models/World and only when near a tree or rock, I can fly upward. However, when I’m in my terrain, I can use it anywhere, which is mainly the starting position concidering i cannot move. Hopefully this might help with an understanding?

In that case I sincerely doubt that you have any collision geometry, which is presumably the reason that you’re experiencing these new problems.

You can, I think, have things collide with standard geometry - but if I recall correctly doing so is particularly slow, and not advised.

As to adding collision geometry, I honestly don’t remember offhand - it’s been some time since I did it myself, and don’t think that I’ve done it at all with Yabee (my projects of late have all been well-served with only Panda-provided collision shapes). Perhaps asking in the Yabee thread might get an answer for you on that.