Normal Maps and animated Actor in chicken r74

Perfect! I downloaded and test …works nice. Thanx Again guys.
:smiley:

Thanks Lethe, it’s working now on my animated characters.

However, I am getting a crash for one of my static scenes.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\blender-2.48a-windows\.blender\scripts\chicken_exportR7
6.py", line 857, in button
    self.buttonFuncs[evt]()
6.py", line 713, in fExport
    self.doExport()
6.py", line 369, in doExport
    groups.append(Group(mesh=m, addTangents=self.doTangents))
6.py", line 1389, in __init__
    self.polys.append(Polygon(face, i, self, hasUV, hasVCol, mats, tangents))
6.py", line 1798, in __init__
    tex = Texture(face.image.name, face.image.filename, uvLayer, mat = mat)
6.py", line 1049, in __init__
    assert mat != None
AssertionError

I’m going through my blend file now to see what might be causing this.

That is being caused by a change in the texture handling code that didn’t realise that textures can be applied without a material via the uv editor - that assert should be an if. I’ll knock up a R76b and stick it on sourceforge shortly.

Ok, there is now a R76b release on sourceforge - should fix that problem. Also fixed another subtle bug whilst I was there, and noted that stencil support doesn’t appear to work any more. The stencil support issue is clearly Pandas shader generator barfing when the resulting egg file requests something that doesn’t work in 1.6.2, which I’m guessing is fixed in 1.7.0. Not sure what to do about that - might have to recommend that anyone wanting stencil support stick to R74 until 1.7.0, as I don’t want to revert those changes.

Thanks for the rapid response! I grabbed R76b and tested it with all of my objects, static and not, and it’s working just fine.

I have collision objects in my scene without materials, but with UV images, so that is what was causing the crash with R76. There’s no reason that these meshes needed image maps of any kind; I had just duplicated another object which did contain a UV image.