New to this Engine...

Hello, nice forum and engine…

Well, i’m a Blender’s user, tried out Python-ogre 3D and Irrlicht a bit, but i found some troubles with exporters maybe, now… i want to try Panda 3D, i like to know if there are some compatibilities from Blender, what type of mesh does Panda works (ogre works with .mesh for e.x), did someone try modeling in Blender then get all the scene to Panda engine?..

Thank you !!

You want Chicken - it has a sticky thread over in the Pipeline section of this forum. You can download it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/chicken-export/. Good luck!

Thank you !, i’m going to take a look…

welcome to the engine and welcome to the community i have been told that panda3d is one of the more reasonable engines out there but it varies on the person.

Yes !, its really nice, i think this is a very powerful engine, like ogre or irrlicht, the secret to do a realistic game is textures… i guess. satureless as well…

At the begining i want to do a Silent hill’s style realistic horror game, actually i’m not sure if panda3d can do that (excuse me by my knowledge fault :slight_smile:…), i’m just knowing this engne as a novice user…

But, thinking it better, this engine is impresive to do educational games, i think now i have the idea to make a spaceshuttler in the universe with all the planets, and a screen saying all planet’s data, educative-accion game… would be a great idea…

Anyway this engine is really funny integrating physics and sound modules into engine… !

Thanks for the welcome :stuck_out_tongue:

If I may ask, what makes you think that it’s not up to it? My own assessment is that it should be well able to do such a thing, depending of course on your requirements and targeted hardware. Just take a look at some of the screenshots that appear at times on the right, such as those for Blackout and, in particular, I think, Angels Fall First - if Panda is managing to produce those graphics, then, graphically at least, it should be able to manage a horror game of the type that you mention. As for the logical side of things, I believe that the tools are there, but that the onus is rather more on you to do the scripting involved… :wink:

yes!, well i told you that silent hill support style because a few days a finished playing silent hill 5, it has many dynamics lights, there are practically no bake and lightmaps, just that make the game really cost in hardware, the texture is not a hard work to get realism, so that is not a problem right now…

I’m sure now Panda3D can do it!, i tested in benchmark with ogre and both engines are very able to do that style.

I looked for those impressive images, specially that of a flight simulator, looking that image i find better that than Ms flight simulator :wink:

I looked too for an avatar that was an example from the manual but highly more realistic… fantastic!!..

No dude, this is the most familiar, friendly, power, speedy, nice engine i never used…