New terrain editor, free

earthsculptor.com/

Check it out:)

This guy’s personal creation, an awsome little utility. I’ve been at it for about 5 minutes, and having virtually no terrain rendering experience, I still have the system figured out. Good interface and nice array of tools. I’ve so far replicated everything I’ve ever seen in an mmo, terrain wise, just on that island demo. Fun stuff :slight_smile:

Can anyone more experienced tell me if it’s compatible with panda as it is, or will it take an exporter of some sort to set it up?

Lookin’ good! 8)
I’ll try it as soon as i’m on my windows.

Looks good.
But where is the Linux version?

I’m afraid there isn’t.

You can always try to run it on Linux using Wine.

According to the manual, it saves heightfields using 16-bit grayscale PNG. Panda can load that format, using the HeightfieldTesselator class. It’s a fairly new addition to panda, so there’s nothing in the manual yet. Search the forums for information.

I’ll probably ask a few more dumb questions before I’m through, but I’ll make an extra effort to use searches when/if I have questions.

The terrain editor is lots of fun. I can’t wait til I load in my first map and flying camera :smiley:

nice one… but materials are as tricky as always…
bdw… dosent run on linux for me(wine 0.9.24).
thought everythings starts up nice it exits

err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglBindTexImageARB) - not found
err:wgl:X11DRV_wglGetProcAddress (wglReleaseTexImageARB) - not found
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 232385
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 228137
err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateWindow invalid window width 223905

guess if you fix this error it’ll run fine =)

I’m wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

Josh Yelon wrote:

So yes, it can be used. I’ll ork it out and post something here this week. I’ve had lots of fun just using the tool, lol.

Awesome, can’t wait! :smiley:

probably your 3d/video driver?