Networking library other interface

Hello, I’m new here in the forum but already “play” with the panda time.

I have an example of a mounted server, but I would like to use panda3d only for connection and use another library to interface, you can use the network without the panda3d run (), because the window of panda3d is too heavy to carry. How do I find out?

Do you mean you want to call run() without showing a window, so you can run it as server?

If so, you simply need to put this before the DirectStart import in your main file:

from pandac.PandaModules import loadPrcFileData
loadPrcFileData("", "window-type none")

Wow, so simple! Solved my problem =). Now try to interact with the server bliblitoca other graphical lighter, Example: TKinter.
Thus the server can create options and amount of people online chat among other things and being loaded quickly.

thanks.

So taking the topic, the panda has some class to facilitate interaction with the database? Ex: Mysql.

Nope, that’s not Panda’s job. I’m sure there are python libraries for mysql somewhere.

Hmm ok thanks for the help, I have already working with bliblioteca mysql, MySQLdb soon posting demos of my code.

If you want a middleware a little more database agnostic may I suggest sqlalchemy.org/