need help understanding CollisionhandlerPusher

Hi there,

I’m new to Panda3D, been playing around with it for the last few days due to school work and curiosity

Well lemme just say now, i have minimal knowlege of python script, so far all ive learnt has only been able to get me to manipulate object XYZpositions and HPRrotations, key-presses, and camera manipulation, but I have no idea how to implement any collision detection, shaders, physics and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I’m making a racing game for my own learning purposes, so far i have been able to replicate basic things like acceleration, decceleration, and turning

I’ve been reading through the manual and forums, i am still unclear about how to handle collision. so far all ive been able to conclude is that CollisionHandlerPusher would probably be my prefered collision method since it allows the, vehicle in my case, to slide along the wall boundaries of, say a track

So i was wondering if someone could help me, and probably many to come, make a sample or tutorial for understanding CollisionHandlerPusher and collision solids and planes

Also…just wondering, is it possible for the vehicle to deccelerate when it hits or rubs against the wall?
Although i feel the answer is an obvious yes, i would just like to confirm it

thanks in advance when this topic recieves an answer