Need advice on how to create instances.

Why not just name the lazers their time they was fired, then do a for loop on the names, then if name is grater then 5sec del that lazer?

You would also need a way for them to del themselfs when they hit something, in witch case you can jsut keep a “temp. log” and see if any of them has hit something, if they have, just del thos.

I could never get mine to “shoot” right so I never went on with the code, but I still have the basic run down how I was going to play it out.

as i am a new user i have little knowlege of this particullar program but i do know with one program i used before you can set a timer to each object and an action that takes place when the timer expires, for instance the timer didn’t work by seconds, it worked by frames so at 30 fps i’d set the timer to 150 for 5 seconds, then use a delete self function once it reaches zero. again i’ll repeat that this worked on ANOTHER program so i don’t know if it will work here, but i think it’s worth a look.

Not a bad idea- in Panda, that would be accomplished by putting a taskMgr.doMethodLater() call somewhere in the shot creation logic. It would be easier if the shots were encapsulated objects, but not impossible if you just keep them as loose nodepaths, provided your handler can accept a target as an argument.

Sorry to hijact, but actully I sorta want to get my bullet system a try too now, but I still need to get it to go forward… Or not having much luck my 2end time around at this. LoneKiltedNinja I know you tried helping me with it one time but it seems I still cant get it to work base on what you said. Could you maybe make a example I could try off?

Problem-> My bullets dont seem to go forward base on where the camera is / facing.