Music copyright in games?

I know i might be allowed to use classic music in my games with paying a sum to someone.But what about other music?Like if my games main theme will be Eminem or just any other music by artist which are alive: should i pay a sum to be allowed to include their work in my games??(open source,free)

thats less a panda issue^but i guess you need to contact the copyright owners and negotiate with them. i doubt that the copyright holders of eminem will negotiate with private people at all. guess you need quite some luck.
however.there is some open-source music. mostly released under a creative common license. you need to check the single license. they have different versions of creative common license. like non-commercial and so on. but usually its less of a pain to deal with.
try googling for things like “creative common music”

have a nice day.
thomas

There are loads of free sound resources now. One of my favourite Creative Commons site for music is Incompetech. There is another big CC music site that doesn’t seem to be in my bookmarks but it’s kinda difficult to find specific feels in that site. The Freesound project is also a great resource for CC sound effects. Just remember to note down the creators of the CC licensed sounds/music before you use it or you’ll end up forgetting where you got em from when you’re setting up your credits.

yeah, there are a few things you can do…

you can go through negotiations with musicians over the use of their music in your game -which will probably not happen at all…

you can pick a song that is under creative common license, as was suggested above -not a bad idea…

you can also have someone create a similar song, with the exact same beat, but a slightly different melody and chord structure… and have someone record lyrics that sound alot like the song but have different lyrics. - which might not be a bad idea either, as i make music myself and wouldnt mind earning a little money making a quality sounding knockoff…

ha.

seriously though, hit me up if you want a quality knockoff of the songs you want.

or you may choose to make a song specially tailored to whatever you’re doing… a completely unique arrangement… we can do that too…

Not to say i want to use Eminems music in my games,thats just an exmaple.
I am really searching for finalfantasy/oblivion like music.I know this isnt a panda issue,its just that i didnt know where to ask…
I did find some interesting stuff in the websites you gave.
I would want to make music myself,but i have never played any instrument in my life.I guess you cant do it all.

PS.What similar sites would you suggest for sound effects(gunshot,animal sounds,walk,other…)

If you’re game is for free you might want to look into using OC Remix music. The license isn’t as free as CC licensed music but for using it in your own game it seems free enough: ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy

yeah, like i said… i make music…

i am a sound engineer, and a producer, i play every instrument… and besides that, i am very good at FL Studio and Ableton Live, and other audio programs…

i love FF and the elder scroll series… i can put together some baddass music for you, no question… and i can listen to songs that you want to emulate, and make similar songs to them… so they have the same feel and flow…

let me know if you want some custom game music…