Multiple displays

Hi all,

I need to output my panda app to a beamer, which is connected using my laptop’s S-video output. (Don’t ask me why it’s not vga.)
I’ve used the nvidia-settings tool to configure the tv-out as a separate X display.
But, when I’m using pandagl, I keep getting X BadDrawable errors when I run my program on the other display. tinydisplay does work, but I’d like to have hardware acceleration. Is this possible?

Hmm, sounds unpromising.

Is it possible to boot your laptop under Windows, to see if it works there? That may at least tell you whether it’s a driver issue or a hardware issue.

Either way, though, you might be out of luck if nVidia isn’t willing to work with you on it.

David

Just tried it on windows. Dunno exactly how displays work there, but I was able to drag my pview window onto the external display and it still worked.

Here’s the error I get on linux:

:display:glxdisplay(error): GLXBadDrawable
:display:glxdisplay(error): GLXBadDrawable
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): Could not load rock-floor.rgb
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): Could not load Nimbus Sans L Regular Condensed_0

That message keeps repeating every frame.

Googling for the error message turns up some posts about a bug in the nvidia drivers, I’m gonna try downgrading them.

Nope, just upgraded to 177.82 but the problem still persists. Hmm, I guess I’ll just either use windows (no thanks) or use software rendering. Good thing that there’s now tinydisplay :slight_smile: .