Model issue

All the textures can be seen but they’re very dark. I know I pulled this off before but I can’t remember how I did it.

I tried adding an ambient light with 1, 1, 1, 1 specs and it did nothing. Any help is appreciated. I just want all the shadows / darkness to be disabled so it goes off of the textures and not the light-based configuration if possible, or so every little crevice is lit the same (and original) amount. I had it working pretty good elsewhere but I can’t re-call where I put that code as it was a few months ago.

Does your model perhaps have–either in the model itself or via a NodePath–a colour or colour-scale set?

I don’t believe so. I’ll send you the .EGG file in a PM with the model, it also shows up in PVIEW unless I push the “L” key (as I read), then it looks slightly better.

All right, I believe that I’ve found the problem: somehow, the polygons of your model are being assigned a colour. In your egg file, look for entries that start with “”, followed by four numbers between curly-brackets, all withing a “” entry: those should be the values that I’m discussing.

Quite how you’re getting these “” entries I’m not sure–I would imagine that they’re not related to your materials, and aren’t vertex colours. Presumably these polygon colours are being specified in your 3D modelling package, or added by whatever exporter you’re using.

Fixed by replacing over 1,000 instances of " { 0.6 0.6 0.6 1 }" with the proper " { 1 1 1 1 }". Thanks so much for the help, looks “normal” now. :slight_smile:

My pleasure. :slight_smile:

Note, however, that this fixed the problem for the current model: it might still be worth your while to investigate how that colour came to be introduced, against future such issues.