Minirogue: retro dungeon diablo-like

This project sounds really interesting. I had no luck finding the game on SF, but could you give me a link to it? I would like to try it out myself as well.

this is the svn address:

as I said above you should checkout just for the pilot1 branch cos is what this thread is referring to - anyhow you’re free to get the other branches or the trunk as well but they are so WIP that I doubt you may find more interesting than the snaptothegrid’s first release.

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the files, but this old PC can’t handle the game. Does this game use shaders or something?

yep - and also that release it is at a stage very little optimized so I guess you now could try with the rest of the stuff - try the 3d pilot - but just don’t expect too much

I’ll give it a shot later and see how it works. :slight_smile:

EDIT- I wanted to ask if there is some program that would allow me to download files easier, because there are really loads of files and it’s hard to download each other manually.

It’s an SVN (Subversion) repository. Use SVN. Open a terminal, change directories to the one to where you want the branch to download and enter the following:

svn co https://mini-rogue.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mini-rogue/branches/pilot_1_r137 minirogue

(Assuming you have the SVN software. If not, then get it.)

The last bit (“minirogue”) is the directory that will be created to house the files. So, for example, if you want it in ~/Documents/mini-rogue, then the following would apply:

cd ~/Documents
svn co https://mini-rogue.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mini-rogue/branches/pilot_1_r137 mini-rogue

Note that it can be anything you want the directory to be called.

on windows I suggest tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
on ubuntu I use subcommander

Thanks guys. Before, I downloaded everything manually. :smiley:

I tested the game and had max 23 fps. It is way better than the first version. Could it be because the maps didn’t have any textures?

congrats for the patience! :smiley:

mainly is thanks to the powerful panda rigidbodycombiner method, that melt all the cell blocks in one piece, easing a huge lot the GPU workload. Look at the optimize method inside grid.py to see what I mean and into the snippets forum to find a sample I posted time ago about that method