maya2egg -> egg2bam texture warping

I’m currently working on importing a custom head model into a game, and so…

In Maya, it looks like this!
(ignore the joints)

However… Um.
When opened in Panda3D it’s… not as charming.

Here’s what the UV mapping and texture look like.

The texture itself is 256x256 pixels.

I’m using 1.9.2 to convert my .mb file to a .egg and them to .bam, I have Autodesk Maya 2015 (Student Edition), and I’m on MacOSX 10.9.5, if those have anything to do with it.

Thank you guys all for your help! ^^

I suppose while I’m here, I’ll also add in the fact I need a couple different GeomNodes.
This model is made and rigged from scratch, and I’m no Maya wizard.
(i forgot to actually bind the bones to the skin whoops; didn’t make much of a change though.)

It currently gives me this when I hit shift+L :

ModelRoot eagle-heads.egg
    Character eagle-heads
      GeomNode  (1 geoms: S:(TextureAttrib))

but I need something along the lines of this:

ModelRoot duck-heads-250.egg
    Character duck-heads-250
      ModelNode DuckHead250Polys E:(CharacterJointEffect)
        GeomNode muzzle-short-neutral (1 geoms: S:(ColorAttrib TextureAttrib))
        GeomNode head-short (1 geoms: S:(CullFaceAttrib TextureAttrib))
        GeomNode head-front-short (1 geoms: S:(TextureAttrib))
        GeomNode eyes-short (1 geoms: S:(TextureAttrib TransparencyAttrib))
        GeomNode joint_pupilL_short (1 geoms: S:(TextureAttrib TransparencyAttrib))
        GeomNode joint_pupilR_short (1 geoms: S:(TextureAttrib TransparencyAttrib))

Does this simply mean I’ll have to create a new shape for every piece? Because I extracted faces from the original mesh into their own pieces, i.e.:

Was that perhaps an unwise way to do so?
For the textures, I think I might just chop up the previous texture and have one for the beak, one for the rest of the head, etc etc.

The texture is also a .png, which I should probably make into a .jpg so the code doesn’t throw a fit.

The first problem “might” be you have some 5 sided polygons. I’m not sure how panda deals with these but some programs don’t like them. You could try fixing the model so that they are either 3 or 4 sided.

I did so, and it worked!

Thank you much! ^^
I’ll still have to figure out how to get the GeomNodes to show up, but at least the texture works now!