is it possible to build the maya exporter for linux? i notice it isn’t supported right now, but is there a reason it can’t be done easily or just something nobody’s had a chance to do yet? if the latter, i’m very willing to tackle it.
i’d like to use panda for a number of projects, but a linux pipeline is essential; and i’m more comfortable in maya than blender
here’s my initial foray:
- installed the debs and rpms on ubuntu and suse. no maya2egg, obviously,.
- did the makepanda build. nice build script, very clean, excellent! no maya2egg, maya not supported in linux yet.
- clumsily hacked up makepanda.py to find the maya 7 devkit, install files, libs. something i’m not getting about that script … brute-force-added -I/usr/aw/maya/include to all the compile commands
- fixed a documented cyclical dependency or forward declaration error in the maya headers
- build, no errors … still no maya2egg! que pasa?!
now i’m going through the process of trying to figure out ppremake, which is sort of tangly but not too bad - but someone tell me if there’s a lower-down thing that makes maya2egg impossible on linux before i get too far into this, so i can move over to ogre, crystal, or osg instead