Mario Galaxy-style velvet shader?

Nice! I think this blends better with the underlying texture now. Very cool. One issue I can think of, is that polygons mapped with alpha transparency will look strange (textured leaves on a large single polygon for example), so there needs to be a way to apply the shader on a per-object basis rather than the entire scene. I don’t know if this is easy to do or not.

…as you might have guessed I am just taking some babysteps in programming so I’m not sure how to do something like adding for example 2 directional lights into the CG shader. While the 1 environment light source is cool for creating a general glow, multiple lights (directionals would probably work ok) could create a nice bounce light coming from the ground plane, for instance.

I was just throwing out the idea of multiple textures because I am not experienced in programming.

However, I like what you have done and I think its fully usable in this form, especially for some sort of visor effect in a FPS. If I ever manage to create something worthwhile and use this, I’ll be sure to credit you. Thank you for taking some time to show us this cool effect!

Hopefully you can find it useful in your own projects.

By the way, anyone who wants to take a look at my Klonoa model can download him here: http://rapidshare.com/files/80191760/klonoa.rar.html. I should point out he doesn’t have any animations, just the static pose. (mods, feel free to distribute him with a sample tutorial or something in future releases of Panda).