MacOSX Mountain Lion, runtime and npapi

Hi!

I’m trying to compile panda3d source to MacOSX runtime version and after doing makepanda.py I get message NPAPI is missing.

And after checking the code of makepanda.py it shows that it searches for it in /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/Headers and it adds that path to the include directories.

Interesting enough npapi.h is really there and the path gets added, but I still get the message about missing NPAPI.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You could simply download the thirdparty packages for Mac OS X from the Panda3D download page. It includes the npapi, and if you place the thirdparty directory inside the Panda3D source directory, makepanda will automatically detect it.

For the record, the downloadable runtime for Leopard should still work on Mountain Lion.

Are you building the download or from CVS? I have recently checked in support for 64-bits OSX and OSX Lion to CVS, but I haven’t touched the runtime yet, so I can’t guarantee that anything will work - it’s probably safest to stick to a 32-bits build for now.

OK. I’ll do that.
I plan to try it on the iPhone - hence the compilation. I got it working from the binary version without a problem.

And thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

Well, compiling for the iPhone is a whole different story, and will require the use of the ppremake build system. The runtime won’t work on iPhone as-is, as far as I know, there is no support in the runtime for iPhone. You’d also require a runtime distribution, which has not been built for iPhone before, as far as I’m aware; and is certainly a lot more difficult to get to work than a plain old regular build.

For now, if you’re serious about trying the iPhone port, I’d advise you to leave the runtime alone and try making a cross-compiled iPhone build using ppremake.

Yeah - I know Mac OSX runtime doesn’t work on iOS. The idea was to get to know the environment and than try to create an iOS version.