Mac Installation

I found an executable file named “python2.5” under:
/System/Library/frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/bin

So, I did what you suggested: moved to that directory via a terminal and typed “python2.5”.
Results:

imac-de-tallmystcarpet:bin tallmystcarpet$ python2.5
Python 2.5.4 (r254:67917, Dec 23 2008, 14:57:27) 
[GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5363)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 

So, I’m able to enter the specific python via a terminal but still not able to load any of the python file I created from there!

Same same but different!

Waaarfffffff!!! I’m so happy to finally see that gray window.
It was simply a question of path and not of the python version.
I don’t know why it’s not working with the IDLE but launching a .py file from the console works after setting the paths correctly.
Two days to understand that… :open_mouth:

Anyway!.. Thanks for the support :wink:
I’m quiet sure that we’ll talk to each other very soon for the many other questions I’ll have :slight_smile:

I’m getting the same error as Bradamante. Does this mean we just have to wait for 1.7?

DirectStart: Starting the game.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/samples/Asteroids/Tut-Asteroids.py", line 13, in <module>
    import direct.directbase.DirectStart
  File "Panda3D-tpl-rw/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/direct/directbase/DirectStart.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "Panda3D-tpl-rw/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/direct/showbase/ShowBase.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/PandaModules.py", line 2, in <module>
    from libpandaModules import *
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/libpandaModules.py", line 2, in <module>
    Dtool_PreloadDLL("libpanda")
  File "/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/pandac/extension_native_helpers.py", line 73, in Dtool_PreloadDLL
    imp.load_dynamic(module, pathname)
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/libpanda.dylib, 2): Symbol not found: __ZN6squish10DecompressEPhPKvi
  Referenced from: /Applications/Panda3D/1.6.2/lib/libpanda.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup