Issues with OSX versions of games

I have had some people come to me with the inability to run my game on OSX/MAC systems. This is the full installer version deployed from pdeploy. Now, I have no debug information from these people and I know it is a necessity, but is there anything that sticks out on a MAC machine that might cause any immediate issue?

In other words, does anybody on this forum experience any issues on MAC deployment? If so, what do you do about them? Just curious.

Cheers!

Charles

Hmm, nobody? I have one of the users doing a full Panda install to help figure this out, but I wondered if anyone else had any issues with games written under Windows giving them failures to run under OSX.

Cheers!

Hmm, trying to recall… there were some cosmetic issues, but none that would prevent the user from running altogether, unless he’s using a particularly outdated version of OS X or perhaps a PPC architecture. More debug information would be necessary to determine what the problem is.

By the way, having the user install the SDK has absolutely no effect on pdeployed games, since there is nothing shared between the runtime and SDK.

Yes, I understand about pdeploy, but I will be sending him the packed file, not the installer.

Basically the game window opens, then shuts down right away. The download works with Windows, does not work with Mac. Mystery to me.

By packed file you mean the .p3d file? If so, there’s not really a difference.

Can you give the logfiles from ~/Library/Caches/Panda3D/log ?

Unfortunately I cannot; the users have little or no familiarity with their machine operations. Users, not makers. However, I have now found out that the OSX version may have something to do with it. I cannot yet be certain. From one fellow I am working with on the issue:

“Panda3D is compatible with Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) through 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and the current OS is 10.9 (Mavericks) with 10.10 (Yosemite) soon to be released.”

Whether this is significant or not, I cannot say.

As for the .p3d file, I understand that it is the same except for the installer. It was something to try that might have yielded some information.

Cheers!